We should have maintain a configuration backup of every networking device, For any unexpected loss or destruction the configuration of a managed switch, we can easily restore or copy the configuration file into a new equipment.
For HP ProCurve Networking Switch(switches ProCurve 2910, 2510 series, etc.), one of the way to backup and restore is done through a serial port rs 232/Console cable using a hyper terminal connection.
Step by step HP ProCurve Configuration Backup via Console Cable
Suppose HP ProCurve Switch has been connected to the computer serial port via console cable and use the hyper terminal and you have logged in to HP ProCurve Switch as an administrator.
• Enter copy startup-config xmodem pc on HP Procurve Switch.
• Click on the Transfer in HyperTerminal menu and then select Receive File
• Browse the location to save the file
• On use receiving protocol select xmodem protocol
• Click on Receive, Write the name of the backup file, click OK
The process of configuration backup on HP ProCurve Switch will complete and you can find the configuration file in selected destination folder.
Filed Under: HP
About the Author: